Vacancies at Honiton Primary School
Any vacancies at Honiton Primary School are advertised on the Devon Jobs site: https://www.devonjobs.gov.uk/
We do not accept CVs or late applications.
To apply for an advertised position either email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the form to Honiton Primary School, Clapper Lane, Honiton, Devon EX14 1QF.
References will be taken up on all short-listed candidates before interview.
Applications not completed fully and properly will not be accepted.
Failure to disclose important information may lead to dismissal if discovered at a later date.
Because of the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to reply to unsuccessful applicants.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume you have not been successful in securing an interview on this occasion. However, please do not let this dissuade you from applying for future vacancies should they arise.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Checks and References
Enhanced DBS disclosures and satisfactory references are required for all staff and regular volunteers.
Visits to the school are most welcome. Please ring the office on 01404 548700 to arrange an appointment.
GDPR Privacy Statement for Job Applicants
Train to Teach
Exeter Consortium is a partnership of schools in Exeter in South West England, established and managed by the schools themselves. It offers an exceptional opportunity to learn to teach in local schools with outstanding providers.
“Training to teach as a mother of young twins has been challenging but equally as rewarding (and advantageous as the skills required for both jobs often overlap!). Exeter Consortium have
really supported me in managing my workload to fit around family life, as well as the unpredictable situations that come with the job of being a parent.”
Mikaela, current trainee at Exeter Consortium Schools’ Alliance
Have you ever thought of training to become a Primary School Teacher? We work with Exeter Consortium Schools Alliance who deliver a high-quality school-based route into teaching. For more information please read on…
We are proud to work with Exeter Consortium, a not-for-profit organisation which, alongside delivering professional development courses for schools, also provides routes into teaching. Their School Direct courses allow prospective teachers to learn through experience within two primary schools over a year, whilst also studying to gain a PGCE delivered by Bath Spa University, recognised as Outstanding in ITT. To provide teacher training, Exeter Consortium also partners with South West Teacher Training, one of the largest SCITTs in the Southwest. SWTT was judged to be good in all areas by Ofsted in May 2021, under a tough new framework. Exeter Consortium
- You will become a teacher in 10 months!
- The programmes are carefully planned so that the content is manageable – even for career changers with little school experience
- Learn first-hand from being immersed in school life working alongside an experienced mentor – you will be part of the team from day 1
- Attend training sessions delivered by senior leaders and experienced current practitioners from local schools – building a network of support
- Choice of two primary programmes, including one (3-7) with placements only in EYFS and KS1
- Exeter Consortium will work hard to place you in schools which suit your needs and will consider aspects such as childcare commitments
- Excellent employment prospects within fantastic schools like ours!