Research suggests that acts of giving and kindness can help improve your mental wellbeing by:
- creating positive feelings and a sense of reward.
- giving you a feeling of purpose and self-worth.
- helping you connect with other people.
It could be small acts of kindness towards other people, or larger ones like volunteering in your local community.
Some examples of the things you could try include:
- Saying thank you to someone for something they have done for you.
- Asking friends, family or colleagues how they are and really listening to their answer.
- Spending time with friends or relatives who need support or company.
- Offering to help someone you know with DIY or a work project.
- Volunteering in your community, such as helping at a school, hospital or care home.
UNTIL NATIONAL COVID RESTRICTIONS ARE EASED, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND OFFERING YOUR SERVICES AS A VOLUNTEER.